• Editor
  • 20 posts
JobsInMyrtleBeach.com - will open new window

Check Myrtle Beach Weather
Current / 5 Day Forecast
VIEW MAP / RADAR

OnTheGrandStrand.com - Home

image-the-brookwood-inn-review.jpg

"I've driven down Business 17 in Murrells Inlet probably 1,000 times and always pass by The Brookwood Inn - it looks charming but I don't know anything about the place. I have never stayed there and I don't know anyone that has" is something I have heard at least a dozen times in the past few weeks from many locals down here on the Inlet. Let me tell you what I know about the place from my actual experience from staying there.

The Brookwood Inn, located on Highway 17 Business in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, is a quaint and true "Road-Side" Inn. Nothing fancy. Just a simple true-to-the-times (1950's) motel. Sure, it's got original tiles in the bathrooms, no flat screen televisions, no great wi-fi signal, and still uses the old-school and traditional room "keys", but the room we were in (26 with a king bed) was clean and was at a great price. Almost the entire property is covered in 100 year old moss-draped oaks, so when you sit outside your room to enjoy the Inlet breeze you get great views to go along with the great weather. Room types vary from doubles, to singles with King beds, to even an "Alamo" with jacuzzi tubs! Our room also had a Kitchenette attached in the back - it also has access from the room next door (25 - double beds) - but only one room can have access to the kitchenette at a time. There is a dead-bolt on each access door - only management has the key so no worries about access from the neighbors. The Brookwood Inn has something for everyone and every need!

Like to swim or hang out by the pool? Well good news! The Brookwood Inn has re-furbished their pool!

Like to relax on your trip and don't like the hustle and bustle of the beach crowds! Well you can swing in the many hammocks located around the property! A great place to spend a few hours reading a book or just watching the clouds pass by! The hammocks are the original Pawleys Island Hammocks of course!

Like to spend time on the beach? No worries! You actually have a few choices! Choice #1 you can drive about only 2 minutes South and visit Huntington Beach State Park! Once you get on the sand, you can take a relaxing walk up to the Murrells Inlet Jetty! Choice #2 you can drive about 8 minutes South and visit the Litchfield Beach area! Choice #3 you can drive about 12 minutes South and visit the Pawleys Island area! Or, choice #4 or #5 you can drive about 10 minutes North to hit the Garden City and Surfside Beach areas.

After your relaxing day by the pool, or swinging in the hammocks, or your day on the beach, go grab a few drinks and a bite to eat at the many restaurants located near by! Murrells Inlet is known as the Seafood Capital of South Carolina! It is very hard to get a bad meal around here! You can actually walk to nearby Graham's Landing or just jump in your car for a 2 minute ride up to the MarshWalk area where you could visit Drunken Jack's, Creek Ratz or Wicked Tuna or any of the other wonderful places nearby. Or, stop at one of the restaurants in-between or even go a little further past the MarshWalk area down past the intersection of 707 - you literally have dozens of places to chose from! Make it a different restaurant every night! Or better yet, visit a few of them for lunch too! A majority of the restaurants have outdoor seating areas overlooking the inlet.

Do you check the internet for accommodation reviews? Have you actually read a few of the reviews for The Brookwood Inn on TripAdvisor? Well, you know what, I wouldn't worry too much about those reviews. The Brookwood Inn, is what it is.. A few of those reviewers were just expecting a 5 star place to stay and seemed to have been upset when it wasn't. Again, its nothing fancy and sure, you are going to see a few spots where the wall paper is peeling up, or a small stain on the carpet, or have to turn the water on with a 50 year old fixture but it's still a great place to stay! Again, my room was clean and affordable, as well as peaceful and quiet! During my stay I was never awoken by outside noises and never heard either one my neighbors once! I kinda like the fact that I can park my car directly in front of my room with no steps or elevators to have to worry about hauling all of my girlfriend's luggage up or around on, and I really like the fact that no one stays above you or below you here... no annoying foot steps to hear or especially sliding glass doors bangs and knocks like you hear when staying in a resort tower.

If you are looking for luxury, this place isn't for you. However, if you are looking for a quaint and quiet place to stay at a good price, don't mind meeting and talking with your neighbors, and having friendly conversations with the staff, then this IS the place for you! Check 'em out! For more information or to make a reservation at The Brookwood Inn, give them a call at (843) 651-2550.

About Joey O'Connor:
Joey O'Connor is an author, writer, and the current editor of OnTheGrandStrand.com. He is also the founder and publisher of many online publications as well as the owner of over 50 websites and networks. After 46 years of living in Greensboro, North Carolina (where he was born and raised) Joey is currently residing in Murrells Inlet, SC. Complete information on Joey can be found by visiting his website at http://www.JoeyOConnor.com

Joey O'Connor, editor

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Visit My Profile

Share This News/Post »

Custom Search

On The Grand Strand Coverage Area
Little River, Cherry Grove, Ocean Drive Beach, Crescent Beach, Atlantic Beach, Windy Hill, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
Garden City Beach, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Conway, Aynor, Loris, Longs,
Plus A Little More... Calabash, Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle, Shallotte, Holden Beach, Oak Island

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Copyright © 2013 - On The Grand Strand OnTheGrandStrand.com, its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Contact Us | Help/FAQs | Advertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | ADD YOUR EVENT | ADD YOUR COMPANY | Find Us On » Facebook Like Us - will open new window Twitter Follow Us - will open new window Google+ Follow Us - will open new window LinkedIn Follow Us - will open new window YouTube Follow Us - will open new window

Please Visit Our Sibling & Partner Websites!

A Joey OConnor Enterprises DEVELOPMENT

Carolina Coastal Media

Scan For OnTheGrandStrand's New Mobile Site!
Fully Automatic iPhone App!
    We Suggest That You   
    Firefox Download Button   
    Use Firefox! It's Faster!