Photo

Nance's Creekfront Restaurant - Murrells Inlet, South Carolina - Review By Joey O'Connor

Joey OConnor - editor

Gold

• Editor
  • 20 posts
JobsInMyrtleBeach.com - will open new window

Check Myrtle Beach Weather
Current / 5 Day Forecast
VIEW MAP / RADAR

OnTheGrandStrand.com - Home

med_gallery_3_18_228451.jpg

Located on the South end of Murrells Inlet, Nance's Creekfront Restaurant offers local oysters (in season) and a variety of seafood, fish, chicken, and steaks - with possibly the best inlet views of all!

Nance's does not accept reservations so get there early! In fact, get there real early for two reasons! First, to get a table right up against the glass to have the best views of the inlet/creek possible! And second, to take advantage of Nance's Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Price Offer on adult entrees - only available from 4-5pm! Whatever time you do arrive, if you have to wait a little while for your table, no big deal, go grab a few drinks at their bar (happy hour specials from 4-6pm) or walk around outside to enjoy the inlet breeze and the view!

We arrived about 4:15 for our dinner so we were able to take advantage of their offer. I got Nance's Seafood Platter and our other choice was Creek Shrimp.

The Nance's Seafood Platter ($22.95) came with fish, shrimp, oysters, scallops, and a deviled crab - I got them fried of course... what true southern gentleman wouldn't get their seafood fried right? Anyway, it was good. The night we were there the fish was a salt-water catfish. It was good! However for those of you that don't like the idea of catfish, for a small additional fee you could get flounder. Our waitress told us that if you do go with the salt water catfish only get it fried - not broiled or sauteed. That was great advice and actually makes a ton of sense now - that type of fish does not do well broiled in butter.. it needs to be fried. Flounder on the other hand is such a light and flaky fish that it does great broiled or sauteed with butter and lemon - point is make sure you go with the flounder if you are going to order the seafood platter and get it broiled or sauteed. Anyway, the platter came with a choice of 2 sides. Their sides include french fries, baked potato, green beans, and slaw. Substitute a salad for a side for an additional $1.50. I got fries and slaw with the platter. Fries were good and the slaw was ok too - they use pickles in their slaw for those of you that don't like pickles. On a side note, I was going to  order Lloyd's Inlet Shore Dinner ($39.95) - its the Seafood Platter along with a 6 ounce lobster tail and choice of either a cup of chowder or an oyster or shrimp cocktail. As I sit here typing this, I'm regretting not getting it! And I would have ordered it with an oyster cocktail for those of you that were curious!

The Creek Shrimp Platter ($19.95) came with creek shrimp.. lol.. what else.. and a ton of them! They were good! Sweet and Shrimpy.. And not over-salted like some restaurants tend to do with the smaller shrimp. Two sides with this platter was a baked potato and a side-salad for the additional $1.50.

Obviously you can make up your own mind on what you order at Nance's! Great appetizers, on the half shell oysters, peel and eat shrimp, clams, crab legs, specialty platters, specialty items, steaks, chicken, and more! Check out their menu on their website at http://www.NancesCre...tRestaurant.com

Check out pics of Nance's at http://www.onthegran...ont-restaurant/

About Joey O'Connor:
Joey O'Connor is an author, writer, and the current editor of OnTheGrandStrand.com. He is also the founder and publisher of many online publications as well as the owner of over 50 websites and networks. After 46 years of living in Greensboro, North Carolina (where he was born and raised) Joey is currently residing in Murrells Inlet, SC. Complete information on Joey can be found by visiting his website at JoeyOConnor.com

Joey O'Connor, editor

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Visit My Profile

Share This News/Post »

Custom Search

On The Grand Strand Coverage Area
Little River, Cherry Grove, Ocean Drive Beach, Crescent Beach, Atlantic Beach, Windy Hill, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
Garden City Beach, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Conway, Aynor, Loris, Longs,
Plus A Little More... Calabash, Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle, Shallotte, Holden Beach, Oak Island

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Copyright © 2013 - On The Grand Strand OnTheGrandStrand.com, its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Contact Us | Help/FAQs | Advertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | ADD YOUR EVENT | ADD YOUR COMPANY | Find Us On » Facebook Like Us - will open new window Twitter Follow Us - will open new window Google+ Follow Us - will open new window LinkedIn Follow Us - will open new window YouTube Follow Us - will open new window

Please Visit Our Sibling & Partner Websites!

A Joey OConnor Enterprises DEVELOPMENT

Carolina Coastal Media

Scan For OnTheGrandStrand's New Mobile Site!
Fully Automatic iPhone App!
    We Suggest That You   
    Firefox Download Button   
    Use Firefox! It's Faster!