Photo

Hamburger Joe's Restaurant Surfside Beach South Carolina - Review By Joey O'Connor

Joey OConnor - editor

Gold

• Editor
  • 20 posts
JobsInMyrtleBeach.com - will open new window

Check Myrtle Beach Weather
Current / 5 Day Forecast
VIEW MAP / RADAR

OnTheGrandStrand.com - Home

med_gallery_3_22_98542.jpg

So, over the last few months I must have driven by Hamburger Joe's in Surfside Beach on Highway 17 Business over 50 times. Well last Saturday I drove by it again with my girlfriend (after a half-day of shopping with her - please, no comments) and finally decided to pull in their parking lot and go in to get some lunch - and boy was I glad I did!

From the outside you really don't know what Hamburger Joe's is and what type of clientele goes in there.. I mean after all, one side of their sign on the street says PBR $1 (Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer) so that usually brings in a "different" type of crowd.. now from their name you would think it's a hamburger joint..  but, guess what? It's not really a hamburger joint at all and no worries about "different" clientele in there.. It's a great little place to eat! Fine for the entire family!

med_gallery_3_22_1196197.jpg

How to describe Hamburger Joe's? Well, it's a quaint place - mostly tables and a counter/bar area where you can actually watch the food being prepared. I would almost call this place a diner - although they don't serve breakfast items and are only open for lunch and dinner.. hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, fried bologna, grilled cheese, corn dog, BLT's, BBQ, Hamburger steak, and the standard sides of fries, onion rings, side salad.. they also have a few appetizers of chicken wings, cheese sticks, and chicken strips. All products are made in-house! And the hamburger is made daily!

For those that want a little more than Pepsi products, tea, coffee, or water, Hamburger Joe's also has many beer choices (tap and bottles) as well as liquor/cocktails - priced right! Starting at $1 beer on tap.

Was it the best food on the planet? No! Were we expecting it? No! Does it have to be? No! Was it good? YES! Was the price right? YES!

You know what, in thinking about it again while I'm typing, I would almost call it comfort food. Not the "home style" or "southern" comfort food but the "hamburger, hot dog, bbq" comfort food. You know when you are in the mood for a Hamburger, Hot Dog, or BBQ with fries or onion rings - and you don't won't the "Gourmet" style with 22 toppings and 5 sauces or rosemary on your fries, Hamburger Joe's is the place to go!

We ordered the cheese sticks for starters. Only $4.85 for 7 of them with marinara sauce. They were good! A good thick (but not too thick) crunchy outside with a lot of mozzarella cheese in the middle! And not overly cooked where all the cheese melts out all over the plate! Nope, these were hot in the middle but not runny at all.. damn, they were almost perfect! Just like a cheese stick should be! Great Job!

My girlfriend got a cheeseburger with everything on it.. and when I mean everything on it, I mean everything on it.. I think our waitress Stacy (or Stacey or Staci - sorry I don't know how she spells her name) actually chuckled a 'bit.. but in a good way! She was great by-the-way! Overly nice! She even greeted us when we walked in and said "Hey guys, welcome! Take a seat wherever you would like and I'll be right with you." Ok, sorry, anyway, everything on it! Mayo, Pickles, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Slaw, and Chili. How about the price for this monster of a burger? Only $4.05!!

I got a hot dog with slaw and chili.. Hamburger Joe's makes their own chili by-the-way! The slaw.. mayo based just like you need on a dog. Price of a hot dog.. $1.95!

We both got fries too. $1.95 and they are the crinkle-cut style.. cooked and salted just right! You know, those basic and "comfort" style fries that just about every BBQ joint serves.. but again, I say that in a good way! You don't want a great hot dog or hamburger and then have some thin-$&& dried out fries to go with it or those large potato-y starchy steakfries that ruin the meal. Don't you just hate that! A good crinkle-cut french fry hits the spot!

Here is something cool about the place.. and this kinda fits their slogan.. "We have prices so cheap, people are leaving their change on our walls!".. and it's true! Their walls are loaded with $1 bills that customers have signed, or put special notes on, and stapled to the walls! It's actually a pretty cool touch to the place!

So the bottom line for you.. when you are in the mood for a good and "comforting" hamburger, hot dog, bbq, etc., with fries or onion rings and maybe a start of some wings or cheese sticks or chicken strips and maybe with a beer or two to wash it down - without spending an arm and a leg... head on over to Hamburger Joe's! And you don't have to worry about what day it is - they are open 7 days a week!

Bottom line for us... we are going back to Hamburger Joe's real soon!

For directions to Hamburger Joe's in Surfside Beach or to view their menu just visit their website at http://www.HamburgerJoesOnline.com

View more of our Hamburger Joe's photos by clicking here.

About Joey O'Connor:
Joey O'Connor is an author, writer, and the current editor of http://www.OnTheGrandStrand.com - He is also the founder and publisher of many online publications (including the 50,000+ pages http://www.GolfClubBusiness.com) as well as the owner of over 50 additional websites and networks. Joey is also a registered musician with BMI and has been a professional in the golf industry for over 20 years. After 46 years of living in Greensboro, North Carolina (where he was born and raised) Joey is currently residing in Murrells Inlet, SC. Complete information on Joey can be found by visiting his website http://www.JoeyOConnor.com  

Joey O'Connor, editor

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Visit My Profile

Share This News/Post »

Custom Search

On The Grand Strand Coverage Area
Little River, Cherry Grove, Ocean Drive Beach, Crescent Beach, Atlantic Beach, Windy Hill, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
Garden City Beach, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Conway, Aynor, Loris, Longs,
Plus A Little More... Calabash, Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle, Shallotte, Holden Beach, Oak Island

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Copyright © 2013 - On The Grand Strand OnTheGrandStrand.com, its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Contact Us | Help/FAQs | Advertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | ADD YOUR EVENT | ADD YOUR COMPANY | Find Us On » Facebook Like Us - will open new window Twitter Follow Us - will open new window Google+ Follow Us - will open new window LinkedIn Follow Us - will open new window YouTube Follow Us - will open new window

Please Visit Our Sibling & Partner Websites!

A Joey OConnor Enterprises DEVELOPMENT

Carolina Coastal Media

Scan For OnTheGrandStrand's New Mobile Site!
Fully Automatic iPhone App!
    We Suggest That You   
    Firefox Download Button   
    Use Firefox! It's Faster!