• Editor
  • 20 posts
JobsInMyrtleBeach.com - will open new window

Check Myrtle Beach Weather
Current / 5 Day Forecast
VIEW MAP / RADAR

OnTheGrandStrand.com - Home

med_gallery_2_36_493093.jpg

If you have been looking for a store that has a little bit of everything at an incredible price then you don't have to look any further! Everything in Particular, located in the shopping center across from Conway High School, is that store!

A few weeks ago, Conway Living was contacted directly by Christina Roberts who is the owner of Everything in Particular. She invited me to come check out their new store. So, after a few back and forth emails we decided on a time and off I went!

So I pulled up in front of their store. It is located in the shopping center across from Conway High School on Church Street / Highway 501 – Unit 8 to be exact. I sat in my car for a few minutes starting my “plan of attack” for reviewing this place. I walked in, met a few of the staff and then met the owner. I walked around the store for a little while shooting some pictures all while trying to stay focused on my task – reviewing this store. This store does have almost everything! Shoes, hats, apparel, bed frames, cds, dvds, children games, custom local art, golf stuff, china, glasses, plates, microwaves, coffee pots, stuffed animals, old stuff, new stuff, used stuff, tools, cleaning supplies, a couch or two, a huge box full of air cleaners and oil filters for cars, pet supplies, etc., etc., etc. too much to list!

med_gallery_2_36_262787.jpg

If you are looking for something in particular give them a call first! I'm sure they might have it! Everything in Particular purchases huge truck-loads from auctions and special sales and they also purchase items from individuals so they basically get in new inventory daily! They are a store where you could probably visit every few days and see new stuff! You might want to visit them every few days so you don't miss out on their great deals!

Anyway, after taking a few photos I got a chance to sit down with Christina to get her story. You know, at first I asked some basic run-of-the-mill questions... how long have you been here? How's business? etc... but then I realized very quickly that the story here was not about the store at all! The story was about Christina!

Christina started to explain, “I didn't have plans on opening a store. I was out one day trying to find a dresser for my child. I must have driven all over this town and could not find a decent (affordable) price. I needed something that looked good but was affordable. I was so discouraged from driving around and not finding anything I pulled the car over and just started crying. A few minutes later a man approached my car. I was kinda taken back for a second. He told me that I looked like I needed some help and wondered if we could pray together. We started praying. Later that day it was decided that this town needed a place where families could go to find and purchase nice affordable things. I don't know the first thing about running a store but I am being directed to do so. So, that is how the store started. It obviously wasn't my plan but God's plan.”

med_gallery_2_36_1087484.jpg

Christina continued on, “And the store isn't really just a store. On Sunday's we actually let a start-up Church use it for their services as they haven't found a place of worship yet. We try to use a percentage of sales to help a good cause or people in need. I also give discounts to service men and women - 10% off for all EMS, Fire, Police, Nurses, Teachers and even a little more discount during special holidays and I try to even help the shopping center by promoting shopping with my neighbors – 10% off in our store if you show your receipt from another shop, store, or restaurant in the shopping center that you visited on the same day.”

In looking back at my notes, I don't see or remember the actual name of the family, but Christina told me about a family close by that had three kids all with the same condition – a condition that would probably only allow them to live to be twenty years old or so. What did Christina do? She donated a percentage of the sales for an entire week to this family! “It wasn't a ton of money or anything but I wanted to help.” Christina said. “We were able to give them enough money so they could have a nice evening out at Chuck-E-Cheese.”

Did you know that Christina even gives her shoppers free money! Yep, from time-to-time the 30th, 60th, and 90th customers during the week get some cash money! And, the 90th customer on the weekends get cash too! It doesn't matter if you are only spending $1 in the store, if you are the special customer then you get some cash!

med_gallery_2_36_1546034.jpg

Christina even got the ball rolling in the shopping center where her store is located to sponsor a meal packaging event for the non-profit Stop Hunger Now Peru Organization! Every item over $5 from her store means a meal is donated. Other shops in the shopping center are already on board with more joining soon. Basically what this means is once they reach their goal of $3,200 they will be able to package 10,000 meals! Other local businesses, churches, and even individuals can get on board as well so please call or drop by the shop to see Christina!

For a week or so after my visit I did some further research on Christina and her store. Her social media skills are incredible! Do you know that she takes a picture of almost every item that is new to the store and posts it on their Facebook page? Do you know how much time that extra work takes each day? I got wrapped up in it, and still check on it almost daily now! I sign-in to Facebook and visit Everything in Particular's page to see what new items she got it! And she lists the price too!

I really could go on and on about Christina, but I'll let you find out other things about her yourself. She has accomplished so much with her store in just the past few months since it opened! Oh yeah, not that this should really matter, but she hasn't even reached her 30th birthday! Such style, grace, love, and giving going on in that young lady's life! I'm sure it's only going to get better. I'm going to keep an eye on her for sure and I'm excited to see what the next ten years will bring for her and those that she touches with her giving.

med_gallery_2_36_609835.jpg

Everything in Particular is located at 2300 Church Street Unit B Conway, South Carolina 29526. Their phone number is (843) 855-8614. Keep up with their daily intake of new items by following their Facebook page https://www.facebook...056326464381900

View all of our photos from our visit with Everything In Particular by clicking here.

About Joey O'Connor:

Joey O'Connor is the editor of OnTheGrandStrand.com and the new ConwayLiving.com - He is also an author, photographer, musician, golf professional, pr/marketing guy, web designer, and a developer of over 30 networks and websites. After 46 years of living in Greensboro, NC (where he was born and raised) Joey has finally moved to where his heart belongs - On The Grand Strand! In Conway, South Carolina to be exact! Complete information on Joey can be found by visiting his website http://www.JoeyOConnor.com

Joey O'Connor, editor

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Visit My Profile

Share This News/Post »

Custom Search

On The Grand Strand Coverage Area
Little River, Cherry Grove, Ocean Drive Beach, Crescent Beach, Atlantic Beach, Windy Hill, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
Garden City Beach, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Conway, Aynor, Loris, Longs,
Plus A Little More... Calabash, Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle, Shallotte, Holden Beach, Oak Island

OnTheGrandStrand.com

Copyright © 2013 - On The Grand Strand OnTheGrandStrand.com, its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Contact Us | Help/FAQs | Advertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | ADD YOUR EVENT | ADD YOUR COMPANY | Find Us On » Facebook Like Us - will open new window Twitter Follow Us - will open new window Google+ Follow Us - will open new window LinkedIn Follow Us - will open new window YouTube Follow Us - will open new window

Please Visit Our Sibling & Partner Websites!

A Joey OConnor Enterprises DEVELOPMENT

Carolina Coastal Media

Scan For OnTheGrandStrand's New Mobile Site!
Fully Automatic iPhone App!
    We Suggest That You   
    Firefox Download Button   
    Use Firefox! It's Faster!