Coastal Grand Mall as part of the CBL Cares platform announced plans to support Boy & Girls Club of America thought the “Give Kids a Winning Chance” program being conducted at CBL malls throughout the country. This national partnership with Coca-Cola and BGCA will collect sporting equipment, arts and craft supplies, educational games and more for use at Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand
The “Give Kids a Winning Chance” program runs through the end of September and will collect donations of new sporting equipment, arts and craft supplies, school supplies and educational games. Boys & Girls Club of America, one of the largest charitable and service organizations in the world will utilize all donations to enhance activities in local clubs. Those interested in participating can stop by the donation centers at the Food Court entrance and near Customer Service for a list of needed items and return these items to the bin.
Shoppers can also go online to give a cash donation at bgca.org/cblcares
In addition to collecting the needed equipment, Coastal Grand Mall will also conduct a day of play on September 20thfrom 11am-3pm. This day is designed to encourage all kids to stay active and healthy.
A listing of activities for the day of play include:
- Conway Medical Center - good nutrition/healthy eating
- Michael's Craft Store - craft table
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans - create your own baseball card
- Coca-Cola - sampling
- Coastal Carolina University - Girl's Basketball team presents skills clinics
- Games Tables
- Inflatable Bounce Houses
- Bag Toss
- Healthy Snacks provided by Grand Strand Hospitality & Sales
- Food Samples from Kudzu Bakery
- Appearance by Knights and Princesses from Medieval Times
- Information Table - Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand
Our Teens will be volunteering, and our elementary members will be there participating throughout the day!